Re: Highmem and lowmem

Chris Bannister put forth on 1/24/2010 5:50 AM:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:37:13PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> Roman Gelfand put forth on 1/23/2010 10:27 PM:
>>> What is the difference between them and why does debian distinguish the two?
>>
>> Debian-users isn't a personal tutor, is it?  Many/most of the questions you've
>> been asking have answers easily obtained via simple Google searches or in
>> readily available books.
>
> If everyone did that initially, then there would only be a "few" messages
> per month. Where's the fun in that? :)

I guess I'm just kinda down on Roman after he sent that Gmail invite to this
list a while ago.  And it seems that he's using debian-users as a personal tutor
while building his system, asking here first thing every time he runs into a
small gotcha, even the really simple stuff.  Look at his posts, and the volume
of such, for the past month.

We all need help now and then, but sheesh...

Maybe I'm being a bit hypocritical, as I tended to flood #debian on IRC eons ago
when I first started using Debian.  And, guess what?  The kind folks there told
me the same I told Roman:  Make some effort to look this stuff up yourself
instead of flooding this forum. ;)

--
Stan