How Does One force Use of DSA Keys under Linux?

	I recently needed to clear out some old entries from the
.ssh/known_hosts file on a Debian system and discovered that I
couldn't tell which system key was which because they were all
type rsa keys instead of the type DSA keys which do contain a
field with either the host name or its IP address.

Is there a way in Linux to make ssh get the type DSA host keys?
I presently see the following message when adding a new host to
known_hosts:

Warning: Permanently added 'remote.host.okstate.edu,192.168.8.9' (RSA)
 to the list of known hosts.

	When a FreeBSD system connects to a Debian host as an
example, it automatically knows to add the dsa host key.

	This is no show stopper by any means, but why is this
happening? Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer