Re: How Does One force Use of DSA Keys under Linux?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:31:46AM -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:

> Is there a way in Linux to make ssh get the type DSA host keys? I
> presently see the following message when adding a new host to

This is actually a good question, and one to which I couldn't find an
easy answer. As far as I can tell, the solution is not to rely on the
SSH client directly; instead, one needs to use ssh-keyscan with the type
flag:

    ssh-keyscan -t dsa <hostname>

In other words, RSA is the default, and you have to do some work to use
DSA instead. I'm not sure this is a bad thing, mind you, but it wasn't
intuitive for me, either.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"