Re: trying to restrict exim smtp to specific IP

Andrei Popescu on 21/01/10 17:54, wrote:
On Wed,20.Jan.10, 23:58:35, Adam Hardy wrote:
Not allowed to do that - apparently it would foobar the local
network where the host server of my vserver sits. I've got to use
the public IP address if I configure this, but I'd feel happier if I
didn't have to listen on port 25 at all. I don't want any incoming
mail - I just want to send.

Unless I'm terribly mistaken (please point me to respective documentation, because I would want to close that gap) there is no way a server listening only to 127.0.0.1 is accessible or even seen from "outside" the same computer. That is the whole point of it!

Maybe your hosting provider only wants to make sure you are not listening to other *external* IPs?