Re: question about sending mail and postfix

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:14:39PM +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
> I don't have mail, definitely, but I am currently testing
> with sendmail, although postfix has only given me sendmail
> in /usr/sbin so I have to sudo to use it.

This is the normal location for the sendmail binary. All the
MTAs provide it there. You do not need to use sudo to reach
it - use the full path as a normal user, or add /usr/sbin to
your path temporarily:

    $ /usr/sbin/sendmail

    $ PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
    $ export PATH