Re: inserting USB key causes reboot (sometimes)

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:45, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> I need help diagnosing a problem.  I have a Lenny system that sometimes
> reboots when I insert a USB key.  It happens with multiple USB keys, but
> I can't figure out the pattern as to when it reboots and when it
> doesn't.

I had the same situation, but upon removal of the usb key (after it
had been unmounted, of course). It happened randomly, both in windows
and linux. It hasn't happened in ages (and i haven't sued windows in
ages either), neither did i take any action 'cos i couldn't figure it
out. It would seem hardware related, i have an Asus M2NPV-VM
motherboard and am running unstable.

HTH

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail