Re: New testing install; no /boot/grub/menu.lst exists.

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com>:
> >>  What is your 40... entry?
>
> > Generic chainloader +1 stuff:
>
>  (1a) There is no (hd0,0) in grub2. sda = (hd0,1), etc

Ah!  This is a most informative/educational reply, thanks.  I really
am out of the loop I see.  I'm beginning to understand what all the
bleeding-edge noobs complain about.  grub2 may be beta, but it's been
there some time now, yes?

I've a few leads to track down now:

    sed '%s/hda/sda/g' /boot/grub/menu.lst      # or something
    update-grub                                 # less /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Fun.