Re: How to temporary set dvorak keymap in terminal

> I was hoping there would be a way without using root. But loadkeys
> changes the keymap for all users on all virtual terminals AFAIK which
> is what I'm trying to avoid cause I do usually have several running
> sessions under several different usernames (e.g. myself messing,
> myself working, myself doing some more messing, my missus, my
> housemate) at the same time and would like to be able to just kinda
> change the keymap for one session for a while, then change it back
> without affecting anybody else (including myself doing maintenance
> work on another console at the same time).  I'd be surprised if that's
> undo-able somehow with Debian.

>From the loadkeys man page:

Note that the keyboard translation table is common for all the virtual
con-soles, so any changes to the keyboard bindings affect all the
virtual consoles simultaneously. Note that because the changes affect
all the virtual consoles, they also outlive your session. This means
that even at the login prompt the key bindings may not be what the
user expects.