Re: Back to Debian after 10 years

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 20:43 +0700, Ali Milis wrote:
> > I wouldnt bother, try Ubuntu.
>
> Ubuntu is great only if you have spare time.
> I am on the way back to Debian too.
> Unfortunately, stable means also ancient :(
>
> --
> Raja Ali M.I. Ilias, Bengkalis
> Counted GNU/Linux Engineer # 405138 - http://counter.li.org/

I also value time more than bleeding edge now. That's why I moved from
Archlinux to Debian Lenny. Ubuntu with its fast release cycles, though
not a rolling release is also somewhat time consuming. Not to mention a
little bit bloated.

Bottom line is that there are no perfect solutions, we must either lose
some time using the latest versions, or stick with old ones but spend no
time with updates.

--
Vasco Costa