Undefined video mode number: 314

Hi!

I am trying to install Debian 5.0.3 on AMD 64 platform. My motherboard
is ASUS K8U-X (Socket 754). I downloaded debian-503-amd64-netinst.iso
and chose "graphical expert install". Then I got this:

Undefined video mode number: 314

and was offered a selection of a number of text modes.

I continued installation in text mode, but now I am unable to run X. I
guess graphical login should appear, but instead the monitor turns off.
I can however switch to text console and use Debian in text mode.

Any ideas? I need graphical mode!

STF

http://eisenbits.homelinux.net/~stf/