iceweasel window raised with remote open

I keep an iceweasel process open but iconized (lowered) all the time.
When I open a site as follows

  iceweasel -remote openurl\(http:blah.html\)

it raises the iceweasel window to the foreground.  (-new-tab does the
same.)  Is there a setting I can change so that iceweasel will remain
iconized?  I am running iceweasel 3.0.6-3 on Etch.  I use the fvwm window
manager, not KDE or Gnome.

You may wonder why I want this.  There is a site that I like to check in on
at various random times throughout the day.  If I don't connect there for
awhile, it logs me off.  So I run a background shell that reopens it once an
hour with -remote so that I'm still logged in again when I get around to
checking the site.  In general I don't want the browser window popping up
every time that happens.  Whether or not the window is raised has varied over
the years with different systems I've used.

Thanks.