Re: Grub 2

On 1/8/2010 7:15 AM, Tixy wrote:
On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 12:33 +0000, James Allsopp wrote:
<snip>
Problem is, I want to use grub2 as the first thing I'm going to do
is upgrade to debian testing, which uses this.
<snip>

Is there a reason for not just installing Debian Testing rather than
trying to get Lenny on there first? The testing install would add Grub2
and I believe that it (and fstab) now use UUIDs to identify drives,
which helps avoid hdX/sdX drive identification mixups.

I a newbie to a lot of this, so may be talking rubbish. ;-)

Sometimes, the new installer is broken. Other than that, I concur, install from squeeze and be done with it.

Mark Allums