Re: Two computers in one: two users each with their own accounts, monitor, and keyboard?

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote at 2010-01-06 04:59 -0600:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010 02:58:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I have a desktop computer with onboard VGA and option to add a
> > discrete video card. It has plenty of spare USB ports for mice and
> > keyboards.
> >
> > Does Debian support using this computer for _two_ workstations, each
> > with their own user accounts, monitor, and keyboard?
>
> Without hard disks, and needing only enough CPU power to run X, the second
> system could be *very* small.  Since it could share (at least) /usr with the
> main system, it wouldn't need to be separately updated much.

Actually, it would NOT need to be separately updated at all.

> TLDR: No; look into something like LTSP, but small-scale.

I set up LTSP once for 2 workstations, with one running Fedora (before I
discovered Debian) and the other network-booting from it.  The setup was simple
(I was new to Linux then) and the only significant issue I remember was that 3D
applications did not work over the network and maybe there was some trouble
with removable media.