Re: New testing install; no /boot/grub/menu.lst exists.

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 03:30:32AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> I'm new to testing.  I've been running stable on primary box and (eg.)
> sid on sandbox for years.  This is testing is on my sandbox for the
> first time.  I just installed both squeeze(?)/testing and OpenBSD 4.6.
>
> How do I add the latter to testing's grub?  /boot/grub/menu.lst
> doesn't exist, and /boot/grub contains stuff I've never seen before.
> I can create it, but I'm expecting you to tell me it's been moved or
> renamed or $(debian_gotcha\'d) or something.

Additionally, I think you can drop the relevant boot line into
/etc/grub.d/custom40 .  Or install os-prober and run

 # update-grub

which is a stub for update-grub2 which is a stub for grub-mkconfig .

But I had better stop here since I uninstalled Grub2 in January.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman