Re: Video conversion

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 05:32:10PM +0000, Tim Frink wrote:
> I would like to convert an old video file using the
> Intel indeo codec into a video format that is supported
> by nowadays video players. What software could I use
> for the conversion under Debian Lenny?

There's a handy GUI called soundconverter.  I think it relies on
gstreamer for its codecs, so you'll want to make sure you have the
appropriate ones installed.  I'm not sure if it handles indeo or not,
but here's what I suggest you install to try it out:

soundconverter
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad