Re: Removing the indent-string quote marker '>' in emails.

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 10:42:39 +0200
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat,02.Jan.10, 22:23:25, Celejar wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with using technical solutions to solve social problems?
> > Isn't that what things like spam filtering are all about?
>
> Exactly my point. Spam filtering kinda works, but is not really a
> solution. Although you don't get to see much of the spam, it still uses

Why is it not a solution?  Of course it's not a *perfect* one, but it works quite well for many, and a social solution isn't perfect either, since I'll have to keep explaining this to people ad nauseum, while a technical solution might be able to be "set it and forget it".

> up huge amounts of bandwidth that we, as customers of our ISPs are
> paying.

Is this really true?  Is the total amount of upstream bandwidth that
spam consumes really that expensive (especially at the ISP wholesale
level) ?

Celejar