Re: aptitude forces full-upgrade

Mumia W..:

> I just upgraded Squeeze, but I had to use apt-get rather than aptitude
> because aptitude wanted to force me to install a lot of new programs (do
> a full-upgrade).

The difference between "safe-upgrade" and "full-upgrade" is that the
latter may *remove* packages in order to upgrade other packages. Both
operations might install new packages in order to satisfy the new
dependencies of already installed packages. If you don't want that to
happen, you can pass the switch "--no-new-installs".

Most probably your problem has something to do how Recommende/Suggests
are handled by apt-get/aptitude.

J.
--
I lust after strangers but only date people from the office.
[Agree]   [Disagree]