Re: [debian-users] Integration of development tools

Ted Hilts wrote:
I am looking for some advice regarding integration of tools for
development purposes. I have obtained the following over the internet.:

1. All debian binary and source DVD ISOs (for the present stable
version) as the basis of a repository for binary and source code. I
blasted the binary ISOs onto DVDs in readiness to install a Debian
system (actually a dual boot system with Debian the primary system and
MS XP Pro the secondary system). My difficulty here is regarding the
source code which I need for a SVN local system starting base as well as
a SVN update system geared to Debian releases. I am not sure if this is
the best way (I've been looking a tutorials) and if it is the best way
how to set up, access, and manage this whole subversion and websvn thing.

2. Closer to the software development issue I installed Anjuta and a
Python consol but it seems by the literature that I should be using
Eclipse in conjunction with Anjuta and Python in order to handle java
variants and others. The only obvious thing is that I would need Anjutu
based IDE for C and C++ compilation probably using gcc but apparently
there are several c++ linux compilers and I don't know if Anjuta would
work with them.. It seems that Linux development has evolved using
several compilers and some compilations require specific versions for
the binary to work. Apparently, this divergence is solved by the use of
packages which resolve such issues. So it would seem that any
development has to deal with a package even if the application is brand
new. So I am assuming that Anjuta is a IDE designed to work with packages.

And advice, clarification or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks -- Ted Hilts

Hi,
I'm not expert in this field so consider yourself warned :-)

If you need source code of some package go to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages and chouse stable/testing/unstable distribution, then choose some package and on "the right hand" of the screen is light blue column, there look for "Download Source Package".

Sorry I don't know how to make local SVN.

For IDE look Code::Blocks http://www.codeblocks.org/ and I'm think that GCC (GNU C compiler) is good choice.

I hope that someone smarter than me will help you.
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic