Re: [Fwd: Re: Getting connected to Verizon 3G network -UPDATE]

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> put forth on 12/31/2009 10:18 PM:
Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Are you able to ping the IP address of the Windows laptop that is
properly
communicating with the MiFi?
]
No.  I can ping the admin page (192.168.1.1) from the Laptop that is
running XP.

Please show output of ifconfig, relevant parts of dmesg, and wicd.log  for your
current configuration (I know it's probably changing 10+ times daily, so just
give all of these in one snapshot, preferably from a bootup instance where you
do successfully get a dhcp assignment).

I suspect we (I) need more information all in one shot in order to help you.
You're changing too many things too quickly in a "try this, try" fashion.

Also, have you tried booting one of the live CDs/DVDs that includes every
possible driver and the kitchen sink?  If not, give that a shot and if it works,
thoroughly inspect and copy the relevant information relating to the network
settings, and duplicate those are your system as best as possible, including the
appropriate drivers and network managers, etc.

In short, at once point you did get a DHCP ack and an IP address assignment.
That is the single tallest hurdle.  Whatever is preventing your networking from
functioning properly _after_ that "should" have a minor cause.  You've just not
discovered it yet.

As I thought, the attachment got my reply kicked back. I have put the gziped info on my web page
<http://www.intergate.com/~huntbrittany/linux/>

Wayne