Re: Getting connected to Verizon 3G network

green wrote:
Stan Hoeppner wrote at 2009-12-30 21:04 -0600:
Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> put forth on 12/30/2009 7:50 PM:
 169.254.213.81 every time I get it connected.
Your interface is auto self configuring a link local address because it is
unable to contact a DHCP server.  Please read the RFC to better understand the
process.

Your next step is to troubleshoot why your interface isn't able to contact a
DHCP server.

Have you tried resetting the MiFi?

Only if a Winbloz system isn't connected. Every 10 minutes if no one else is connected, so yes sometimes.

Otherwise, I suggest statically assigning the IP 192.168.1.11 to your wireless interface, then browsing to 192.168.1.1 and checking the configuration of the router.

Tried that and a bunch more and I have only been connected twice. 30-40% of the time wicd or network manager locks up the system.

After setting a static address (and without configuration changes), you may be able to connect to the internet by adding a default route through 192.168.1.1 (using the command I suggested I my previous message).

Tried that but didn't get connected. Can't connect to the net even when wicd gets a connection and puts the default gw to 192.168.1.1, which it doesn't do very often. Nothing seems to be repeatable except not being
able to connect to the net.  ;-(

Thanks again

Wayne