Re: Getting connected to Verizon 3G network

Stan Hoeppner wrote at 2009-12-30 21:04 -0600:
> Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> put forth on 12/30/2009 7:50 PM:
> > every time I get it connected.
> Your interface is auto self configuring a link local address because it is
> unable to contact a DHCP server.  Please read the RFC to better understand the
> process.
> Your next step is to troubleshoot why your interface isn't able to contact a
> DHCP server.

Have you tried resetting the MiFi?

Otherwise, I suggest statically assigning the IP to your wireless
interface, then browsing to and checking the configuration of the

After setting a static address (and without configuration changes), you may be
able to connect to the internet by adding a default route through
(using the command I suggested I my previous message).