Re: How to move an OS install from one primary partition to another?

> That in itself shouldn't be a problem. You could just copy the files
> (using ntfs-3g), use dd or some other method. But your problem will be
> that Windows won't find itself in the expected place anymore. Off the
> top of my head, I only know of C:\boot.ini which must be adapted, but I
> don't even know whether Windows 7 still uses this file.

I wanted to avoid the hands-dirty approach as I am unfamiliar with Windows.

> Google shoud help, though:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=move+windows+7+another+partition
>
> Feel free to share the approach that worked for you. :)

They all recommend some expensive proprietary application or another.
I thought that maybe there would be a more Debian way :). I have found
Clonezilla, a Norton Ghost alternative, so I will try it. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il