Re: Problems with adobe-flashplugin

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 11:59:03AM -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> > I am having problems fixing the adobe-flashplugin package and
[...]
> This is what happens when I try to dist-upgrade now:
>

> squeeze:/home/frank# aptitude dist-upgrade

[...]

>   libmysqlclient16 mysql-common
> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>   adobe-flashplugin
> 2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 49.2kB will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
> E: I wasn't able to locate file for the adobe-flashplugin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
> Writing extended state information... Done
> E: I wasn't able to locate file for the adobe-flashplugin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
> E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

Stop trying to dist-upgrade until you've resolved the adobe issue. I'm
not really familiar with the use of the package from adobe itself, to
salt liberally.

I would start with aptitude reinstall adobe-flashplugin

and if that didn't work, I'd move to purging it altogether.

Likely you'll need to try to figure out what you did with the adobe
package and undo it completely. Then start over.

very much .02, ymmv etc