Re: Problems with adobe-flashplugin

> I am having problems fixing the adobe-flashplugin package and
> because it's broken, some other upgrades to my system (testing)
> won't go ahead. I foolishly tried to install the package from
> Adobe

Replying to myself here --

This is what happens when I try to dist-upgrade now:

squeeze:/home/frank# aptitude dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  mplayer
  libmysqlclient16 mysql-common
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  adobe-flashplugin
3 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 77.8kB will be used.
  mplayer: Depends: libpulse0 (>= 0.9.21) but 0.9.19-2 is installed.
           Depends: libvdpau1 which is a virtual package.
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the adobe-flashplugin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
mplayer [1:1.0.rc2svn20091101-0.0 (testing, now)]

Score is 120

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
  libmysqlclient16 mysql-common
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  adobe-flashplugin
2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 49.2kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the adobe-flashplugin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
Writing extended state information... Done
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the adobe-flashplugin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

- --
Frank