Re: USB disk shows up late at boot

Paul Cartwright put forth on 12/23/2009 3:46 PM:
> On Wed December 23 2009, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> Paul, have you read this yet?  It will be very helpful.
>>
>> http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html
>
> I was doing it a different way, getting the kernel from kernel.org. This looks
> a little different.. I'll take a look, thanks!

Hay Paul,

I get my source from kernel.org also.  But there are instructions in that
document that tell you how to install from kernel.org sources "The Debian Way".

Back in the day I was exclusively using Debian kernel sources.  At one point I
wanted a newer kernel version than was available via the Debian mirrors, so
after reading in this document that it was possible, I started getting my source
from kernel.org.  When I upgraded to Lenny the latest kernel source I could find
via apt-cache search was 2.6.26.  The latest stable kernel.org kernel was
2.6.31.1 and I grabbed that.

--
Stan