Re: Customizing xscreensaver

Hi Arthur,

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 09:16:05AM -0600, Arthur Machlas wrote:

> I've figured out how to modify the colour scheme of the unlock dialog for
> xscreensaver, though I'm wondering if it only supports a certain colour
> palette. The one thing I can't change, however, is the god-awful
> computer-on-fire icon from 1985. I'd like to just replace that with a copy
> of the debian logo.
>
> Any clues on where the unlock dialog is locating this icon/image? I tried
> switching out the icons in /usr/share/pixmaps to no effect.

It would seem from a quick scan of the source, that the logo is compiled
in. In utils/images there are logo-180.gif, logo-180.xpm, logo-50.gif,
logo-50.xpm, logo-big.gif and logo.eps files along with some .png files
which are replicated in /usr/share/xscreensaver/glade. You could try
dropping a logo in there, though I get the feeling that is only for the
preferences dialogue.

Cheers,
Tom

--