Re: USB disk shows up late at boot

On Wed December 23 2009, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Back in the day I was exclusively using Debian kernel sources.  At one
> point I wanted a newer kernel version than was available via the Debian
> mirrors, so after reading in this document that it was possible, I started
> getting my source from kernel.org.  When I upgraded to Lenny the latest
> kernel source I could find via apt-cache search was 2.6.26.  The latest
> stable kernel.org kernel was 2.6.31.1 and I grabbed that.

I guess I should have added.. one of the steps says to apt-get linux-headers:
Install a set of kernel headers, matching the kernel for which the modules are
going to be built:

     # apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.18-3-686

I tried 2.6.32.2 without success. what kernel+sources+headers should I be
trying?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800