RE: Debian Etch Install

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

Well, my laptop has a broken Ethernet port.  I could go and spend money on a
USB Ethernet device, but the only time I ever need it is when doing a fresh
OS install.  Otherwise the internal wi-fi has done me well on this machine.

There are many cases of installs on older hardware, since Linux doesn't need
the latest hardware to run well.  Older hardware doesn't have built-in
Ethernet, in many cases.

There are times you don't have convenient access to a wired Ethernet outlet,
especially in corporate environments.

Debian is installable on a dozen different architectures, including small
embedded systems with ARM processors.  Many systems don't have wired
Ethernet, but may have wireless.