Re: Fw: Re: flash video sound issue [resolved]

Anthony Baldwin wrote:
--- On Sun, 12/20/09, Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: flash video sound issue [resolved]
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 8:02 PM
Anthony Baldwin wrote:
Hmmm....turns out /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart does
the
trick.
I have had other, intermittent, flash video sound issues
that, while not identical, are similar enough that the same
fix might work.  Nothing else that has been suggested
has solved the problem, so I am going to try this the next
time my sound goes into an endless loop.

-- Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

I wonder if other sound programs I'm using are somehow contributing
to this issue, since restarting the sound system seems to resolve it,
temporarily.

I think it is strictly flash related. I almost never use other multi-media type software and IIRC the only time that I have a problem is with flash. In fact, it almost always occurs when my daughter is on a flash game, or other flash kid's site.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com