Re: email server-static IP

On Mon December 14 2009, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > if I dropped my domain hosting company, you are saying I would go back to
> > network Solutions to get my MX records done? or my ISP...
>
> Presumably Network Solutions.
>
> I have Freeparking.co.uk look after my domains, and they provide me with
> a web interface to edit my domains dns zone file.

I answered my own question... I looked around ( logged into) my domain
registrars web page.. under managing domains is a section on DNS:

Domain currently points to:  	Designated DNS  	 blah...blah..YOURSOFTDNS9.COM

so, I can fire my hosting company at any time, by just getting a static IP,
and changing that DNS entry to match my machine name, that the static IP will
point to..

seems simple.... what could go wrong:)

--
Paul Cartwright