Re: Upgrade alsa-utils in Lenny?

>On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>I see that alsa-utils is not in backports. Your best bet would probably
>be to try to install the squeeze package.

I'm at the point where it might be better just to install Squeeze, and since the machine is new with newer hardware Squeeze probably makes sense.  The system needs to be basically trouble- and maintenance-free other than update downloads, so if mixing Lenny and Squeeze is going to cause more hiccups I'd rather just go with a pure Squeeze installation and call it good.

Thanks,
Mark