Re: Debian 5.0 & 64 bits

Celejar wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:56:28 -0600
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

It has triple-channel memory, and I have 12 GB. This is about 10 GB more than Debian needs, unless you are doing a lot of virtual server

11.5 GB, at least ;)  I used to (as recently as about a year ago) run
with 512 MB, quite happily. I upgraded to my current 2 GB when I
stumbled across a good deal on RAM, but I'm still not sure that I can
really see the difference.

When I upgraded from 250 MB to 1.25 GB I noticed a marked improvement and an upgrade to 2 GB would probably help even more. Of course I have three people logged in, each with their own X session and my wife likes to keep 20+ tabs open in Firefox.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com