Re: [OT]What's the price index of your laptop's battery?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Klistvud wrote:
My sister has an even older Dell (it must be at least 5 or 6 years)
which still lasts just under an hour on the *original* battery. In
the meantime, I've had at least 3 or 4 batteries in two different
Compaqs die on me. She never unplugged the battery in all these
years; she couldn't care less, really ...

Battery life depends more on how many charge-discharge cycles it has
gone through than its absolute age.

But on a different note, many Dell batteries (especially older ones)
have a "charge gauge" on them which can tell you about the battery
charge and, more importantly, the "battery health" (whatever than
means).  Could someone explain how this works?

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://athene.org.in/girish