Re: [OT]What's the price index of your laptop's battery?

Dne, 10. 12. 2009 16:53:49 je Paul Cartwright napisal(a):

> one of the things I was told to do, was while you run the laptop on
> AC
> power,
> to unplug your battery.. this keeps it from being constantly in the
> CHARGE
> mode, and maybe helps it last longer.. just a thought....

I thought this should be taken care of by the charging circuit in the
laptop: if I'm not mistaken, the charging circuit should put the
battery offline when it's fully charged?

> I have a
> 4-year old
> Dell XPS laptop that never lasts more than 2 hours on battery, but I
> don't
> use it much anymore, since I stopped travelling :)

My sister has an even older Dell (it must be at least 5 or 6 years)
which still lasts just under an hour on the *original* battery. In the
meantime, I've had at least 3 or 4 batteries in two different Compaqs
die on me. She never unplugged the battery in all these years; she
couldn't care less, really ...

--
Regards,

Klistvud