Re: Networking problem

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 09:22:17PM +0700, freeburn wrote:

> Now we want to use a machine which will be connected with the smpp
> server and also connected with the office network for accessing our
> remote content server(where our website is hosted). I have tried to use
> two ethernate cards. but then the machine has two ip adresses one from
> dhcp server of our office and another for smpp server.

That's good. It is possible to have several different IP addresses on
the same card, but imho it's better to avoid that.

> my networking knowledge is zero. i know this question does not
> qualify for this mailing list, but linux community was always
> helpful to me so i thought they will help me out off the record:D

Well, what is the question?

When you ask one, it'll probably be helpful to describe in more detail
how you're connected to the remote server and why a dedicated
connection is needed for that. Doesn't the office network have
internet access, or is the remote server not accessible over an
internet connection? What's the output of "ifconfig -a" and
"route -n"? Are you using a firewall?