Re: ttyUSB0 and GPS

2009/12/11 Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com>:
> Dale wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to lock a GPS down to use ttyUSB0 all the time,
>> whether it get plugged in and out of the USB port? Basically I want it
>> to reclaim ttyUSB0 after it have been removed from the USB port and
>> then plugged back in.  Currently when I unplug the USB GPS and plug it
>> back in it takes the next ttyUSB* inline ie ttyUSB3 for me currently
>> as I have a USB 3G dongle occupying ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2.
>>
>> I have looked around in udev ie /etc/udev/ and /etc/udev/rules.d/ to
>> find the file where I can lock it to ttyUSB0 but had no success.
>
> Edit /etc/default/gpsd
>
> Wayne

Hi Wayne,

That was not what I was looking for. I have gpsd all configured, I
want to nail this device down in that if it gets unplugged that it
always gets ttyUSB0 even when there is other USB devices plugged into
that machine.

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level