Re: ttyUSB0 and GPS

Dale wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to lock a GPS down to use ttyUSB0 all the time,
whether it get plugged in and out of the USB port? Basically I want it
to reclaim ttyUSB0 after it have been removed from the USB port and
then plugged back in.  Currently when I unplug the USB GPS and plug it
back in it takes the next ttyUSB* inline ie ttyUSB3 for me currently
as I have a USB 3G dongle occupying ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2.

I have looked around in udev ie /etc/udev/ and /etc/udev/rules.d/ to
find the file where I can lock it to ttyUSB0 but had no success.

Edit /etc/default/gpsd

Wayne