Question pppd and route table

Hi

I am trying to create a pptp tunnel over a vpn (work related), it seems
like the work client checks the route table for any changes :(, thats
cool, I have route table 50 setup for all my extra pppd routing I want,
but, it seems like whenever pppd (or is it pptp)  starts talking to an end point
it adds in a route on how to get to the vpn server, I can't seem to
configure this, cause I want to put it into route table 50 so the vpn
client will not see it. and I can't find any switches to configure it.

so before I delve into the code, any one else seen this, got and info on

alex