Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED

On 03/12/2009 16:00, ghammar@sv-phoenix.com wrote:
I was fixing a problem with my root login and Orbit/Gnome. One of the
things that was recommended was to do

apt-get upgrade && apt-get update

Somehow in the process of doing that, there were some changes to the
kernel. Now when I try to boot, I get the message "... update kernel or
disable CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPECATED...". I went into /boot and edited
config_2.6.26_2-amd64 and changed the "y" to "n" for both
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2, but the error
message remains. I can boot into single user mode and access the system,
but I can't do a complete system boot. It hangs on the CPUFreq part. I
would like to get my laptop back without completely rebuilding the OS.

Any suggestions?

The config file in /boot tells you what options the kernel was configered with, it doesn't affect the installed kernel.

You need to recompile your kernel with those options or install an upgraded kernel (don't know what debian uses at the moment, been using custom kernels for several years now)

Giff