Re: Aptitude Configuration

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 01:29:54AM -0600, "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> was heard to say:
> However, the lines I'd like to change look like:
>   --\ Versions of e2fsprogs (2)
> i A  1.41.3-1
> p A  1.41.9-1

  For package versions, "%p" turns into the version number; "%v" and
"%V" don't display anything.  The manual is, ahem, not very clear on
this point.  By which I mean it doesn't mention this at all.

> Are you saying I should be able to simply append "(%t)" after "%v %V" to get
> what I desire?

  Nope, put it after "%p".  Like I said, though, the downside will be
that this gets applied to all your lists of packages too.

  Daniel