Re: Flash plugin problem - cant click - amd64 unstable

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:21:44PM -0000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with the flash plugin
> (flashplugin-nonfree) on unstable on a 64-bit platform?

I have faced several problems; non-free software is often not so
reliable.

> On some sites, the flash videos load but the plugin seems to ignore my
> mouse clicks so I can't start the video playing. This does not happen on
> all sites - snotr.com works ok, but the video on this page:
>
> http://www.heatbeads.com.au/bbq-tips/44-bbq-tips/149-how-to-light-weber-bbq-heat-beads.html
>
> does not work. I cannot interact with the player at all. All my clicks
> are ignored. I can right click to get the context menu, but if I select
> "Settings..." I get a dialog that I cannot interact with.
>
> This started happening not so long ago (sometime in the last month I
> guess, but I dont use flash sites much so I dont know exactly).
>
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flashplugin-nonfree but that
> made no difference.

I am able to play that video; I am using Adobe Labs' amd64 Flash
plugin (a web search will get you the plugin). However, do note that
that plugin does not work well with Lenny, due to some issues with the
minimum required versions libraries it is linked with.

Sorry for not being much help.

Kumar

--