Re: Setting up a network connection with the card 3CXE589EC (3com)

[Once again, please respond only to the list and not to me.]

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:43:45 +0000 (GMT)
Tobias Ruff <lisemint@ymail.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for your answer.
> > Try removing the card, running 'tail -f /var/log/syslog' in
> > a terminal,
> > and then reinserting the card.  Post whatever gets
> > added to the log.
> > Similarly for dmesg, note the last message before
> > reinserting the card,
> > and then post whatever gets added when you reinsert.
> Unfortunately nothing gets added to syslog or dmesg whenever I eject or insert the card.

That's pretty weird; I don't have that much experience with PCMCIA
cards, but it seems that the kernel isn't finding any hardware it
recognizes.  I don't have anything else to offer at this point.

Celejar