Re: lockscreen/switch user issues

  Andrew> only that I can confirm this is the case. It only seems to
  Andrew> happen when using switch user. I'd call it a bug that's a
  Andrew> feature. Some piece of code in the stack there is assuming
  Andrew> that since someone else is using the machine, it'd better
  Andrew> lock the screen despite the configuration to the
  Andrew> contrary.

  Andrew> I would wager this is a bug in whatever does the user
  Andrew> switching as the screensaver is doing what it's told. I
  Andrew> believe (without having time to test it at the moment) that
  Andrew> you can force the screensaver to lock through it's control
  Andrew> program despite the preferences being set otherwise.=20

Good that I'm not the only one.  Things can be kind of weird here in
power pc land.

yes - you can using xscreensaver-command to lock it even if the
preferences are set otherwise.

I'm going to say it's pure bug.  If I disable locking in xscreensaver,
then, damnit, it shouldn't lock !

Any ideas on what package deserves the bug-report ?

I know that if I let the screen saver kick in, it does _not_ lock the
screen, as per the setting, so my thinking is that it's a switch user
bug.

Maybe I should just drop back to startx in two different VT's.
switch user is a lot slower than Alt-F8 !

Brian