Re: lockscreen/switch user issues

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:02:40AM -0800, Brian Denheyer wrote:

> This is using gnome (and the gnome wm, which is called ?):
>
> switch user
> you get the login prompt
> login
> now I get the xscreensaver prompt
>
> I check the screensaver prefs and not only is the lock screen option
> NOT checked, I've restarted the daemon a couple of times to make sure
> it's not set.
>
> Only it clearly is.
>
> Any ideas ?

only that I can confirm this is the case. It only seems to happen when
using switch user. I'd call it a bug that's a feature. Some piece of
code in the stack there is assuming that since someone else is using
the machine, it'd better lock the screen despite the configuration to
the contrary.

I would wager this is a bug in whatever does the user switching as the
screensaver is doing what it's told. I believe (without having time to
test it at the moment) that you can force the screensaver to lock
through it's control program despite the preferences being set
otherwise.

.02