Re: Is Squeeze right for me?

John Jason Jordan wrote:
Having spent just a day in testing I am not happy with the quantity of
bugs. Yes, I know it is called "testing" for a reason. And I am happy
to do my part to help fix problems. Yet I need a computer that I can
use for real work. But at the same time I want the latest and greatest.
I need OOo 3.1 and Scribus 1.3.5.1 and the most recent versions of
several other apps that I live in all day long. The stable versions of
Debian are not sufficiently cutting edge for me. Or have I
misunderstood that?

Install Debian stable and use apt-pinning to get testing/unstable packages:

http://wiki.debian.org/AptPinning

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html