Re: Is This Worth a Bug Report, and if so, against Which Package?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 01:25:57PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Fresh install of Lenny, minimal (unselected everything in Tasksel during
> the install, then aptitude install'd xorg and icewm).
>
> The minimal /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (not included here, but available)
> did not allow xorg to detect both monitors. I then ran "sudo X
> -configure" which generated an xorg.conf file which did detect both
> monitors, but the second monitor is not usable; I can't move windows
> over to the second monitor. The addition of the line
>
>   Option "Xinerama"
>
> to the "ServerLayout" section fixed that problem.
>
> Is this a bug worth reporting, or will it be considered more of a
> wish-list, or what? And if it's worth reporting as a bug, against
> which package should it be reported?

I suspect it falls to the question of "what does the user want to do
with their two monitors,"   and what should the default behavior
be. shrug.

If *you* think it's a bug, then file it, or find your way to the
proper developers (Debian X Strike Force?) and ask them.

.02