Re: [opensuse] Custom Label Software

On Thursday 19 November 2009 10:54:44 am Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> 'd like to get some suggestions about what software is best for making
>  custom  labels.

I use OO.  You can do any label you wanted with any page size you wanted. Of
course it has a zillion templates that make life easier.

1.Open OO and choose Templates or Text and then FIle/new/Labels

2. Enter your text under Label text

3. On the brand drop down menu choose Avery Letter Size

4 Type choose 5871 Laser Business Cards for example

5. New Document

and you have it. Just choose the Avery sheets you like and then selected here
the same item and you are done.

Also OO allows you to use mail merge where you can get info from database. I
use Evolution so I can make labels from a group of addresses I want to without
have to enter each individually. I use mainly this approach for envelopes.

Synchronize content feature can be very handy.

OK do no go to #5 but instead go to /Format tab

There you see how the 5871 Laser Business Cards  is formatted, so you can do a
custom format if you need it.

1. go to Format within the dialog box

Horizontal pitch:	3.5
Veritcal Pitch:		3.0
Width:			2.25
Height:			2.5
Left Margin:		0.25
Top Margin		0.2
Colums:			5
Rows:			3

2. Go to Options within the Dialog Box

Checked entire page
Printer/setup  choose landscape

3. New Document

and you should be done

Of course I did not spent any time measuring position etc but that is the
process.

-=terry=-

.