Re: SD Card not being seen

On Monday 16 Nov 2009, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I am running Debian Sid, and have a USB multicard reader installed in
>  my PC.  I know the card reader is seen, lsusb lists it
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1
> Flash Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)
>
> And /dev is populated with /dev/sdc,/dev/sdd, /dev/sde and /dev/sdf
> which appear to be the four different card slots on this unit. (I
> presume it is acting as a hub, because when I plug a usb thumb stick
>  on the usb port on it, it adds another device /dev/sdg)

Thanks for all the tips, including the suggestion that it might not read
sdhc cards.  I can't make anything work, and there is no indication in
dmesg or anywhere else I can find that the plugging in of the card is
seen.  Yet the moment I load it into my ubuntu netbook, it works
perfectly.  I have to assume the hardware is broken.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk