Re: Inquiry:What is the equivalent for the screen command?

Thank you for your reply . Please be informed that this Debian 3.1 server is really my DECT server with Asterisk 3.1.14 pre-installed . If I try to upgrade my Debian OS to higher releases , can you please let me know if there will be any inconsistency/incompatibility issue ?
Thank you in advance

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 07:58:56AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Please be informed that I couldn't find the screen command package for my
> Debian 3.1 server . I really need it to manage multiple screens just from
> one login session . I tried to update my Debian repository list , as the
> followings :
> #apt-get update
> Then I tried to find it for installation , by issuing the followings :
> #apt-cache search screen
> But no "screen" found . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is
> the equivalent command that can be used instead of "screen" command on my
> Debian for managing multiple screens ?
> Let me thank you in advance

Sure it's there:

 http://archive.debian.net/screen