Re: Calendar/ reminder wanted - recommendations

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:27:35 +0000 AG
<computing.account@googlemail.com> shared this with us all:

>I used to use korganizer, but for whatever reason it no longer
>minimises to my notification area in Gnome, and when it does I cannot
>click it to open it to add new reminders.
>
>I want to have a reminder that can run in the background when I don't
>need it and minimises to the notification area (system tray?) in Gnome
>(the area near the clock on a default lay out), and when an
>appointment is due it pops up with a reminder.  There are any number
>of calendars, etc., but I haven't been able to find something that I
>am looking for (such as something similar to korganizer).
>
>Can anyone make a recommendation please?  I am running Testing.
>
>Thanks.
>
>AG

Don't know Korganiser but Kalarm might work for you? I use it with
FVWM, don't know it it will work correctly with Gnome? Probably won't
pull in much more KDE stuff than you already have?

HTH
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have
lost it; but the young know they are wretched for they are full of the
truthless ideal which have been instilled into them, and each time they
come in contact with the real, they are bruised and wounded. ...W.
Somerset Maugham